The Centre of Philosophy of the University of Lisbon invites to submit abstracts for contributed talks to be presented at the international conference Open Topics in Philosophy of Physics. The conference will take place from Monday 12 to Wednesday 14 of June 2023 and will discuss a variety of open topics in the foundations, philosophy and metaphysics of physics, with a special focus on quantum mechanics, philosophy of space-time and statistical mechanics.
Invited speakers: Craig Callender (San Diego), Elena Castellani (Florence), Mario Hubert (American University of Cairo), Emilia Margoni (Florence & Geneva), Andrea Oldofredi (Lisbon), Patricia Palacios (Salzburg), Bryan Roberts (LSE), Giovanni Valente (Polytechnic University of Milan), Alastair Wilson (Birmingham), David Yates (Lisbon).
Call for abstracts
Submissions of proposals for contributed talks should address a relevant topic within the foundations, philosophy or metaphysics of physics, broadly conceived. Examples of topics which are of interest for the conference are (but not limited to) the following:
- Foundations and philosophy of quantum mechanics
- Metaphysics of quantum mechanics
- Interpretation and open problems in quantum field theory
- Thermodynamics and statistical mechanics
- Time’s arrow and the nature of time in physics
- Philosophy of space-time (general relativity, quantum gravity)
Submissions from PhD students, early postdocs and young researchers are especially welcome. Each contributed talk will be allocated a slot of 30 minutes, including discussion.
Abstracts of maximum 600 words (including bibliography) should be submitted through the following submission link
- The deadline for submitting the abstracts is April 10th, 2023.
- The notification of acceptance for the selected contributed talks will be communicated by April 30th, 2023.
For any information or further queries about the conference, please contact the organizer (Davide Romano) at the following email address: email@example.com
Updated information about the conference can be found at the following conference website.